You will be one of a team of lawyers dealing with Adults Social Care, reporting to the Principal Lawyer – (Safeguarding) Adults. The work will predominantly be providing general advice on and the conduct of routine and moderately complex cases involving adult social services issues. The role will also offer the opportunity to undertake advocacy at the Court of Protection and County Court.
You will be able to conduct your caseload with minimum supervision and will be accustomed to working at pace in a busy team.
- Managing Court of Protection deprivation of liberty safeguards and welfare cases
- Mental health cases – s117 and nearest relative
- Experience of Adult Safeguarding
- Experience of S.17/20 of the Children Act would be an advantage
- Experience of adults and families with NRPF would be an advantage.
You must be a Qualified Solicitor/Barrister or Fellow of CILEX and hold a practising certificate.
Payrate: £35.45 umbrella