The Team works with people with varied needs, including physical disabilities, dementia, Parkinson’s, Autism, ME, MS, Head injuries, Spinal Cord Injuries, Learning disabilities, etc., from 18 years to the end of life. Practitioners’ caseloads will reflect the varied needs accordingly. Fundamental to fulfilling the responsibilities of this post is the ability to work collaboratively and to respond flexibly, positively, and successfully to the ever-changing pressures that local authorities and their partners face.
Key Accountabilities Specific to this Post:
- To provide face-to-face holistic and comprehensive strength-based case management services to all clients, including care management assessments/reviews and carer assessments/reviews, risk assessments, mental capacity assessments, best interest assessments and ordinary residence transfers using your ability to present ideas relating to individual needs to include a range of options.
- To manage and outcome complex Continuing Healthcare cases and disputes. To work collaboratively with Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) as guided by the National Framework for CHC.
- To facilitate client independence and empowerment as far as possible by ensuring that all stages of a client’s assessment are strength-based involving the client and carers. Ensure that clients and carers are fully informed of their rights and access all relevant information.To liaise and consult with users, carers, colleagues, and various statutory and voluntary agencies to compile information to assess client needs.
- To be sensitive to the dynamics of the client’s social and cultural situation and facilitate communication – to offer sensitive social work collaboration and an appropriate level of counselling and advocacy.
- Ensure that users have access to translation and interpretation services and that Braille and signing facilities are available wherever possible.
- To produce detailed assessment/care plans/reviews/reports as necessary and maintain up-to-date computerised client records of a high standard to ensure good social work practice. Additionally, to provide all required documentation to service users and their representatives on time.
- To work proactively and extensively in partnership with other agencies, including health, education, carers’ services, careers’ services, and other statutory and voluntary agencies, to facilitate joint services planning for service users and their families.
- payrate: £32.00 umbrella