Primary Job Function
To provide a professional mechanical engineering service, specifying and designing new mechanical systems, inspecting works, fault finding, undertaking procurement, acting as contract administrator and project manager for mechanical projects undertaken by the council.
1. Manage and progress multiple projects at any one time, both during the design and specification stage, while work is on site and during the defect liability period ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget and to specification. Role will include new build projects.
2. Provide technical representation where required for committees, area forums, working parties, client organisations, tenant associations, external agencies and other project stakeholders. Arrange and attend stakeholder meetings as required which will include a high degree of resident consultation.
3. Represent the Snr Mechanical Engineer when developing and delivering projects with clients and stakeholders to ensure projects are accurately scoped and delivered to meet the council’s objectives.
4. Deliver and maintain the highest standards of contract administration, design and budget control on all projects and maintenance contracts. Ensure stakeholders are kept fully briefed and engaged on all aspects of each project.
5. Ensure effective briefing, direction and liaison and appointment of any consultants who may need to be appointed.
6. Lead on procurement, design and preparation of schemes, specification, maintenance requirements, and estimates along with the project and contract management.
7. Keeping up to date with the latest new build standards including Building Regulations, Planning Policy, Sustainable Design and any other standards required to deliver the council’s new build programme.
Pay rate: £315 per day umbrella, £240.55 per day paye
Three to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent