To support the delivery of quality repairs to ensure decent and suitable housing working as part of a team carrying out Plumbing works associated, but not limited, to maintenance works to all types of LBI managed properties and social spaces, as scheduled or directed by supervisor.
- To carry out Plumbing works and relevant trade duties as instructed by the Supervisor on Responsive, Planned, Empty Homes, High Value Repairs or Capital Repairs to an excellent standard upon completion.
- To plan and organise workload to maximise productive time and ensure the best service to customers. This includes dealing with urgent and emergency repairs and ensuring, as far as practicable, that all appointments and targets are met.
- To promptly inform a scheduler planner/supervisor of any unanticipated problems or delays that might impact on appointments for that day, so that work can be rescheduled.
- To provide regular updates and information to supervisors/scheduler planner team and other colleagues to assist with ordering of materials, planning and scheduling of work.
- To report any follow on or related repair works identified with the customer where these cannot be completed during the visit, providing sufficient detail to ensure an accurate ‘further works’ order is raised on the system.
- To maintain and contribute to the control of the imprest stock and other company property held on any assigned company vehicle. To ensure the security, care and appropriate use of stock, tools, materials, plant, and equipment and any other items issued.
- To organise materials, tools, and equipment required to complete planned work and to arrange for imprest stock to be replenished as needed and notify the Supervisor of any difficulties
Multi-skills training to a minimum of NVQ3 or a willingness to be trained when employed by LBI. Experience of delivering high quality Plumbing in domestic properties using a range of portable power tools and equipment.
Recognised C&G Apprentice trained in Plumbing NVQ level 3 or equivalent. Blue Craft CSCS Card or have the required qualifications, capacity and willingness to complete the safety test and obtain the relevant CSCS card prior to starting employment.
Demonstrates a comprehensive awareness of good construction safety practices and the application of safe systems of work including asbestos awareness, working at heights (including safe use of ladders, step ladders and scaffolds)
Demonstrates the ability to organise your own workload, appropriately prioritising, ordering necessary materials and plant and working unsupervised for long periods of time.
This post requires a clean driving licence
HOURS PER WEEK 40
PAY PER HOUR £29.62 Umbrella