Enfield council have an exciting new role out for an reviews officer within homelessness the experience there looking for is carrying out robust enquiries and sound decision making is essential.
- To carry out the statutory function of reviewing all homeless decisions, offers of accommodation, housing register assessments, where a review is requested.
- To ensure that statutory reviews are carried out within the statutory time limits.
- To liaise with the Legal Department and Head of Service to defend legal challenges whether that is from judicial review proceedings or Section 204 Housing Act 2004 appeal to the County Court.
- In liaison with Head of Service to develop procedures and guidelines for officers.
- To develop training programs and train staff in relation to changes in legislation/caselaw/regulations
- To ensure that complaints, MP, Member & solicitor enquiries are logged and responded to within target timeframes
- To be responsible for the recruitment of staff, appraisals, disciplinary issues, sickness monitoring, staff training and development and monitoring staff workloads to build and maintain an effective workforce capable of meeting its objectives
- Supervise an officer in respect of preparing the budget return for the service, and logging and monitoring complaints, members, MP & Solicitor enquiries.
- To liaise with the Allocations Team, Accommodation Services, and the Housing Options & Advice Team to ensure that all relevant information has been gathered to address the requests for reviews of homeless and housing register assessments, and permanent and temporary accommodation offers.
- To have regular meetings with the council’s Legal Department in order to ensure that Section 204 appeals and judicial review proceedings are defended and to ensure that deadlines are met for witness statements and skeleton arguments in defence of County Court or High Court appeals.
- Payrate: £30.00 umbrella