London borough islington have a new exciting role for a roofer to support the delivery of quality repairs to ensure decent and suitable housing working as part of a team carrying out Roof works associated, but not limited, to maintenance works to all types of LBI managed properties and social spaces, as scheduled or directed by supervisor.
- To carry out Roofing works and relevant trade duties as instructed by the Supervisor on Responsive, Planned, Empty Homes, High Value Repairs or Capital Repairs to an excellent standard upon completion.
- To plan and organise workload to maximise productive time and ensure the best service to customers. This includes dealing with urgent and emergency repairs and ensuring, as far as practicable, that all appointments and targets are met.
- To promptly inform a scheduler planner/supervisor of any unanticipated problems or delays that might impact on appointments for that day, so that work can be rescheduled.
- To provide regular updates and information to supervisors/scheduler planner team and other colleagues to assist with ordering of materials, planning and scheduling of work.
- To report any follow on or related repair works identified with the customer where these cannot be completed during the visit, providing sufficient detail to ensure an accurate ‘further works’ order is raised on the system.
- To maintain and contribute to the control of the imprest stock and other company property held on any assigned company vehicle. To ensure the security, care and appropriate use of stock, tools, materials, plant, and equipment and any other items issued.
- To organise materials, tools, and equipment required to complete planned work and to arrange for imprest stock to be replenished as needed and notify the Supervisor of any difficulties.
- To identify and submit requests for non stock items to ensure that any non-standard jobs are completed in a timely manner and notify the Supervisor of any difficulties.
- To keep accurate records of materials used against a given job on the mobile device provided, only using manual documentation when systems are down
- To use the PDA (or other electronic devise as provided) to keep various records accurately, order materials, order follow on and new repair works and complete accurate paper records only where the use of a PDA is not applicable.
- To provide instruction, feedback and guidance to apprentices and trainees when required. This includes checking work undertaken by apprentices and updating the team leader on progress.
- To work in accordance with, the Council’s policies and procedures, risk assessments and safe systems of work, and manufacturers’ manuals where applicable. This includes using all plant and equipment provided by LBI in accordance with instructions, procedures and current safety legislation.
- To drive a company vehicle, where one is provided, to keep the vehicle clean and tidy and undertake daily vehicle safety checks and to adhere to the LBI Drivers Policy at all times
- Roofer NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Full clean drivers license
- Cscs card
Payrate: £29.62 umbrella