To support the Head of Pensions and Treasury in the provision of accounting and reporting services for the organisation’s pension fund and treasury management functions including the preparation of pension fund annual accounts and treasury management notes to the Council’s statement of accounts.
The post holder will support the Council’s day to day pension fund and treasury management activities including daily cashflow management and providing the necessary instructions and information to treasury advisors and pension fund service providers including the fund’s investment and actuarial advisors.
- Assist and, when required, deputise for the Head of Pensions and Treasury in the efficient financial and investment management of the Council’s pension fund and treasury management functions.
- Ensure the general ledger for the pension fund and treasury management functions are maintained and kept up to date regularly. This post will be responsible for monitoring various reconciliations, identifying, and resolving any outstanding queries in a timely manner.
- Support the preparation of the pension fund’s accounts, annual report, treasury budgets setting and monitoring, including the preparation of treasury management notes to the Council’s statement of accounts.
- Undertaking the day-to-day cashflow management for the Council including short-term investing and borrowing transactions consistent with the approved Treasury Management Strategy Statement.
- Undertaking the day-to-day investment activities for the Pension Fund which include cashflow analysis, managing purchase orders and invoices, and liaising and instructing investment managers and the custodian on the settlement and funding of transactions.
- Support in the preparation of reports and advice provided to the relevant committees including the development of the treasury management strategy and the Pension Fund’s investment strategy.
- Liaise with members, officers, fund advisors, investment managers, actuaries, government departments and other external parties in the provision and receipt of information as requested or in line with agreed delivery timescales.
PAYRATE: £450.00 UMBRELLA PER DAY!