- To apply significant and wide ranging knowledge and experience in the area of Building Control to lead and manage groups of professional Building Control staff to provide professional Building Control services on behalf of the Local Authority within a defined area of the Borough and for projects that take place beyond Haringey.
- To support the Head of Building Control in the delivery of cost effective, customer focused building control services – including taking responsibility for service wide and area based initiatives that support continued improvement in the quality, cost and effectiveness of the service to support delivery of the outcomes in the corporate plan.
- To support the Head of Building Control in the generation of new work and income to underpin continued delivery of the Building Control service within Haringey.
- To pRovide effective management and leadership of specific elements of non fee earning works on behalf of the local Authority, including supporting the delivery of out of hours dangerous structure and emergency planning services.
- To lead initiatives and support the Head of Building Control in the deliver y of fee earning activities that reinforce the service offer to customers – including Building Control consultancy services, charged pre-application services, Party Wall agreements, Safety at Sports Grounds, Event licensing, General Surveying practices, preparation of professional reports, Fire Risk Assessments etc.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Assistant building control officers to ensure the optimised processing and performance management of building regulation and related applications.
- To develop cross-working across the Planning service in order to deliver service improvements and closer working with Development Management.
- Using their knowledge and advanced level negotiating skills, the post holder is expected to be able to act as the “lead officer” on more complex building control and related matters; including engagement with and effective management of all stakeholders and to prepare and present to a range of audiences comprehensive reports on complex and technically challenging planning and related development matters consistent with the post.
payrate: £42.00 umbrella