1. To assist the Chief Contracts Lawyer in planning, coordinating and undertaking the legal work in support of the Council’s functions relating to contracts, procurement, economic regeneration, companies and other functions assigned from time to time by the Chief Contracts Lawyer.
2. To be responsible for managing and ensuring the development of a Contracts Lawyer and to allocate work to that person as appropriate.
3. To undertake a substantial personal caseload of the most complex contract work including the provision of legal advice and drafting, negotiation and agreeing of complex documentation for all types of contracts and commercial transactions and, as required, legal documentation for other transactions.
4. To investigate and give initial advice on contract claims by or against the Council including those arising out of building contracts.
5. To act as a Client Officer in respect of any procurement related legal work which may be carried out by an external service provider.