PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. As a Senior HR Business Partner you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the business objectives of your designated service(s) that will contribute to the achievement of the Mayor’s priorities, Council’s corporate objectives.
2. To provide effective management that will contribute to the continuous improvement of the Council.
3. To actively contribute to Council-wide and directorate initiatives that will achieve and implement the Mayor’s priorities and corporate objectives.
4. To be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the application of HR policies and making recommendations for change, as well as managing implementation
5. To support HR & OD projects within Climate Homes & Economy Directorate.
6. To be one of the Senior HR Business Partners deployed across directorates according to corporate needs.
As a Senior HR Business Partner you are required to:
● be the lead point of contact for HR advice, support, issues for service managers within designated directorates
● provide a customer-focused service, working with client departments to enable them to effectively manage their people in line with their service advise and support on the HR aspects of change management / reorganisation
● provide professional advice with solutions to facilitate managers with the effective management of people resources plans
Strong employee relations skills, with demonstrable experience of providing HR advice to managers, including applying experience and exercise of judgement to non-standard employee relations cases.
An understanding of organisational development and its contribution to managing and developing the workforce.
Substantial experience of handling the staffing implications of organisational change or changes to terms and conditions.
Experience of working on your own initiative, but with the judgement to identify issues which need to be referred upwards for guidance in order to minimise risk to the organisation.
An up to date sound knowledge of employment legislation and its application. Job evaluation knowledge and expertise. Experience of working with trade unions with proven negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
Proven ability to write clearly with an appreciation of the need to avoid ambiguity that could lead to risk to the organisation(s).
General understanding of current thinking in HR field and good practice; up-to-date knowledge through CPD.
A flexible approach, willing to work across functional and organisational boundaries in the best interests of the Council.
Self-confidence and personal credibility to build and maintain positive working relationships with client departments.
● MCIPD or equivalent experience
HOURS PER WEEK 36
PAY PER HOUR £39.07 Umbrella