- To work in a warehouse environment picking, unloading deliveries (including heavy bulky items), ordering, storing, stock checking and distributing materials, plant and equipment.
- To liaise with Operations Staff to plan effectively for the provision of materials, plant and equipment.
- To resolve queries and enquiries, chase up outstanding orders and purchases including liaising with operational staff, procurement staff, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- To participate in any inspections, Audits and reviews of Berneslai Homes. To assist in the implementation of the outcomes of such reviews.
- To report any damaged stock to the Stores Supervisor and assist in investigating any stock variances
- To be responsible for issuing and returning plant and tools to Operatives from the Plant store, maintaining an accurate computerised record and reporting any faulty items to the Stores Supervisor
- To assist in developing and administering an effective delivery service across construction services, to deliver stock to drop off points around the borough on a rota system.
- To use the forklift truck within Stores ensuring all checks are carried out prior to usage and attending any necessary courses and refresher courses to keep the forklift licence up to date
- To assist in the development of and implementation of good working practices in line with Berneslai Homes Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity policies
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling with the scope of the post as requested by management
PAYRATE:v £15.51 umbrella