Leadership and line management of the commercial and property team consisting of commercial,
property and planning lawyers and the local land charges team
• Contributing to the setting and achievement of the objectives within the Business Unit Business Plan.
• Lead service improvement within a professional team (and across the Service, where required by the
Service Director/Head of Legal), improving standard processes, documentation and guidance, and
developing and reporting against performance indicators.
• Commission, instruct and manage external legal resources, including Counsel and external solicitors,
and support client services in the planning and application of those resources.
• Manage budgets and resources, as required by the Head of Legal or Service Director.
• Support the continuing professional development of all practitioners within the team, leading the
development and delivery professional training programmes.
• Provide high level legal advice and undertake related legal work, including advice to senior managers
and elected members and where appropriate personal conduct.
• Act as legal lead on specific major corporate transactions and projects.
• Representing the Head of Legal and/or Service Director at corporate and member decision making
meetings and at Directorate Management Team as appropriate.
• Contribute to the development and consistent application of appropriate business processes and
systems across the Service, and to the efficient and effective development and use of legal resources
including electronic case management.
• Manage and coordinate service delivery of the Service to particular internal and external clients,
where required by the Service Director.
• Seal sign and authenticate legal documents • Contribute to the work of the Service Management Team
payrate: £31 umbrella