Barnet council have a new exciting role out as a team manager this post will be managing a specialist Autism team within a children’s disability service. Must have experience of working in children’s disability.
This role is also hybrid: 1-2 days in office a week!
- To be responsible for receiving, assessing, allocating, reviewing and closing
cases. To keep abreast of developments in all the cases covered by the team.
- To assess the level of risk and/or service to be offered to users, ensuring that
the highest priority work is allocated and that the safety and wellbeing of the
child is secured. This includes making decisions about the immediate safety
of children at risk of significant harm.
- To provide professional supervision to members of the team.
- To think creatively and imaginatively in order to solve complex professional
problems concerning individual children, their families and other carers.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant statutory
and independent sector agencies e.g. teachers, doctors, psychiatrists, health
visitors, police officers, requiring the capacity to advice and influence as
- To chair or participate in reviews and meetings attended by users as well as
by colleagues and representatives of other agencies, as above. Also to
represent the Family Service and the wider Children’s Service at meetings
both within and outside the Council.
- To provide information, including written reports, to ensure effective service
delivery and to influence strategy development
- To take lead responsibility for the development and ongoing implementation
of children’s plans within the relevant service area.
Payrate: £43.01 umbrella