london Borough of Haringey have an exciting new role out they are looking for a team manager be responsible for the day to day management of the work allocated to the team and the development of the team and its individual members in the context of the over-arching objectives of the service. They will conduct regular, reflective supervision with staff, be responsible for HR/people-related activity and act as part of the service management team.
- To be responsible for the management of the Team and ensure that the service
provided is of the highest professional standard and is responsive to legislative
requirements as well as corporate and national priorities.
- To be responsible for all the work held within the team and to ensure that it is
prioritised and allocated promptly within the available resources.
- To ensure the team’s record keeping is maintained to a high standard and that
managerial decisions are taken and recorded promptly within the appropriate
- To chair a range of practice meetings, including strategy meeting, core group
meetings, monitoring the performance of agreed tasks for all participants.
- To provide regular, high quality, challenging and reflective supervision of staff
within agreed timescales and according to the departmental policy.
- To be responsible for evaluating staff performance, including conducting
probationary assessments, performance appraisals, sickness absence
procedures and any other relevant procedures.
- To promote staff learning and development including practice learning within
the team and post-qualifying training for registered social workers and