Class 2 HGV Driver
Our client is looking for professional mover/drivers. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic professional with a flawless attention to detail, excellent communication skills along with the ability to provide world-class service to our exclusive clientele. Professional mover/drivers are the face of our company and understand that customer service is our top priority!
If you are a team player, committed, understand what customer service is all about and you are looking for an opportunity to join a growing team we strongly recommend that you apply!
As part of our “new normal” we have established new health and safety policies that we expect all employees to adhere to which include: daily temperature readings/wellness checks, practicing social distancing, frequent hand sanitizing, and wearing personal protective gear.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering, receiving, and transporting design furniture, artwork, and other merchandise to residential and commercial locations; airports, seaports, or rail ports. Constant understanding that you are the face of the company and remaining keenly aware that customer service is a top priority is required!
- Strong commitment to the philosophy and goals of the company is important. Must be available for a flexible schedule which may include some nights and weekends.
- Essential Functions
- Handles and delivers cargo, materials, furniture, or artwork in accordance with Health & Safety procedures.
- Maintains/logs records of materials and products transported.
- A clear understanding of design furniture inspection, the ability to create accurate and detailed condition reports.
- Ability to work on an iPad, catalogue inventories, and process design furniture.
- Knowledge of inventory control practices & procedures.
- Work both on-site and in the warehouse.
- Uses proper handling procedures to protect and secure cargo items for transport.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse cargo or materials.
- Assists in the manual loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Obtains customer signature and ensures documentation is completed in accordance with company standards.
- Other duties assigned by management.
Commonly packed items:
- Fine furniture
- Historical/ Archaeological Artefacts
- Other high-end items
- All candidates must be enthusiastic and hardworking with a clean-cut, well-groomed appearance.
- You have at least 1 years of fine furniture handling and moving experience
- Valid and clean driver’s license, 1-2 years of professional experience driving a 16’ – 24’ box truck, and maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal requirements.
- Valid CPC and Tacho card.
- Understand how to properly load and unload merchandise from trucks.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb and pull.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labour on a regular basis.
Working Monday to Friday from 7am to 4pm
Salary is £17 PAYE or £20 Umbrella.
This is a temp to perm role
If you are interested in this role, please apply with you CV.