To supervise an area of the borough to ensure compliance with building control legislation,
Assist with the implementation of marketing, service delivery, quality initiatives, recovery of fees and charges, management of caseload and meet objectives for programmed and reactive work within timescales. He/she will be required to provide detailed information on individual cases or projects for senior officers at regular case reviews
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To assist with the supervision of an area within the borough to ensure compliance with building control legislation, including the Building Act and regulations, and the London Building Acts. This is a large part of the daily workload, and includes office meetings, plan examination, appraisal of calculations, preparation and authorisation of letters, supervision of work on site, testing, identification of contraventions, enforcement, including attendance at court, and the maintenance of records.
2. To draw applicants’ attention to other statutory requirements affecting their proposals.
3. To assist in liasing with and report matters relating to the activities of other sections, as required, including DC, Environmental Health and Local Land Charges and ensure statutory consultation with external agencies is carried out as necessary and to work cost effectively.
4. To assist with the assessment and recovery of fees and charges. Protect the Council’s interests in all aspects of financial transactions with which the post holder is involved.
5. To assist with promoting Camden’s Building Control service during normal contracts with building professionals and assist with the implementation of service delivery initiatives.
6. To assist with responding to enquiries on building control matters from the public, Councillors, MPs, and others with a legitimate interest, and to take appropriate action.
7. To keep records including, time monitoring, travel records and other associated administrative and casework details as required, including entering/processing information on IT systems.
8.To participate in projects and carry out such other duties and responsibilities to the post as may be directed.
9. To assist with a diverse range of complex buildings and frequently make decisions that may have significant implications on the design and costs for clients. This will require you to have a pro-active approach to problem solving usually on your own, but within the policies and procedures laid down by the Council.
Pay rate: £109.16 per day umbrella
Three to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent