Camden council are resourcing a new role for a licensing officer to process applications in relation to all licensing matters referred under the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005 and other licensing regimes. To provide advice and guidance to residents, licensees, police and other statutory Responsible Authorities as required, ensuring high levels of customer care at all times.
- Represent the Public Protection Service by providing the first point of contact with customers, providing advice and applying sound judgement in assessing their needs across all the Public Protection service areas and resolving their query directly or referring them where a detailed consultation is required.
- Providing information, advice and assistance to Licence Holders, members of the public and a range of stakeholders in relation to licensing and public protection.
- Make recommendations to senior staff to inform decisions regarding licence applications and enforcement
- Record and maintain records of licensing database, licences, fees, etc.
- Processing applications is accordance with legislative frameworks and statutory timeframes.
- Drafting and issuing licences in accordance with the operating schedule and/ or decision of the licensing panel.
- Responding to customer enquiries across the various licensing regimes. e.g. Licensing Act 2003, Highways Act 1990, London Local Authorities Act (MST) etc.
- Training and supporting entry level and other experienced Licensing Support Officers on work areas covered.
- Has a high level of customer services experience
- Is multi-skilled and has good/ excellent knowledge of the licensing application processes of services within their core group e.g. people, place and business
- Is able to deliver high quality services across a number of core service areas within Public Protection
- Is able to work seamlessly across a number of customer service access channels, telephony, face to face, processing, correspondence and web.
- Is able to move across teams and channels to respond proactively to changes in customer demand
- Is able to make high quality decisions on the frontline to ensure that enquires are resolved at the first point of contact
- Is able to manage complex cases and case-work with high skill level
- Is able to contribute to service improvements through ideas and participating in projects as required
- Is able to provide support to entry level and other experienced Licensing Support Officers
Payrate: £26.17 umbrella