Camden council has an exciting new role out for an rent service officer they will relish the chance of working within a busy Rent Pilot Team. Your aim is to maximise rent and arrears collection by effectively manging a designated ‘patch’ of residential and non-residential accounts, ensuring the strict adherence of the pre court action protocol at all times. You will strive to meet collection targets in a challenging economic, social and political environment, whilst responding to the needs of vulnerable residents by providing advice and making the appropriate referrals to support agencies. You will also seek out and identify “good practice” for arrears recovery that can be implemented within the team.
- Effectively manage a caseload of arrears cases in a designated patch or as directed
- To take responsibility for managing a range of complex cases, using your own initiative to make decisions and to work independently to solve problems for the customer and meet the goal of the rent service.
- Prepare detailed Court instructions for cases requiring legal action and attend Court Hearings to give evidence on behalf of the Council, and attend any subsequent evictions that are carried out as a result to maximise rent income and recover debt owed to the Council.
- Offer advice and assistance to tenants, referring them to specialists as appropriate, to enable them to maximise their income, reduce their arrears and where appropriate maintain their tenancy.
- Determine and carry a programme of scheduled and unannounced visits to tenants to discuss to discuss their financial circumstances and reasons for non payment of rent.
- Ensure that a seamless service and adequate cover is provided across all patches as necessary and particularly when other colleagues in the team are absent.
- the Rents Team in the Resources Division of the Housing and Adult Social Care Directorate. The Post holder will work in one of two teams directly with seven other Rent Services Officers and report to a Rent Services Team Leader.
- The Post holder will not have responsibility for supervising staff, but will be expected to work with managers to resolve any issues, which stop them achieving the rent service goal, and to deliver improvements in the service.
Payrate: £24.09 umbrella